[OE-core] Warrior, OpenCV, Python2, python-cv2 issue

vygu vygu at protonmail.ch
Fri Sep 27 14:57:03 UTC 2019

Hello,

With the warrior's serie, with poky and meta-openembedded layers, we have got an issue about the opencv recipe, when we add the "python2" support to PACKAGECONFIG. The recipe does not crash. But the issue happens during the rootfs generation, because "nothing provides python-opencv needed by opencv-3.4.5-r0". The opencv recipe does not seem to provide correctly the python-cv2 package due to the PYTHON_SITEPACKAGES_DIR variable definition.

How can we obtain on our image python-cv2 and python3-cv2 with the opencv recipe?
Thank you in advance.

Vygu