[OE-core] Failed to add u-boot ubifs (not working)

JH jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 23:00:27 UTC 2020

Hi Quentin,

Thanks for your response.

On 2/3/20, Quentin Schulz <quentin.schulz at streamunlimited.com> wrote:
> Hi JH,
>
> On Mon, Feb 03, 2020 at 09:56:49PM +1100, JH wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I added my local machine to ubifs, is it correct?
>>
>> UBOOT_CONFIG[nand] = "mx6ull_14x14_evk_nand_config,ubifs"
>>

> Also, you need to select UBOOT_CONFIG somewhere, with the above line,
> you just say "if nand is selected as an UBOOT_CONFIG, do xyz". You still
> need to select it (with I assume, UBOOT_CONFIG += "nand" in a bbappend
> somewhere).

Sorry for not being it clear, I indeed defined UBOOT_CONFIG = "nand"
in the local.conf. Should I define it as UBOOT_CONFIG += "nand" or
should I move it to a u-boot bbappend?

> What's in your mx6ull_14x14_evk_nand_config?

The mx6ull_14x14_evk_nand_config,ubifs was from a tip found and copied
from Internet, but the original definition is from included
meta-freescale/conf/machine/imx6ullevk.conf:

UBOOT_CONFIG ??= "sd"
UBOOT_CONFIG[sd] = "mx6ull_14x14_evk_config,sdcard"
UBOOT_CONFIG[mfgtool] = "mx6ull_14x14_evk_config"

I tried to use UBOOT_CONFIG[nand] = "mx6ull_14x14_evk_config,ubifs", no avail.

> I haven't used that option before but what's ,ubifs supposed to do? Are
> you sure this nand option for UBOOT_CONFIG would actually create a .imx
> and not a .ubifs for example or something along those lines.
>
> TL;DR: Make sure UBOOT_CONFIG has nand in it, check that .imx is built
> with your defconfig and check that you're actually enabling the UBI
> command in your defconfig.

Yes, all enabled in my kernel 4.19.75:

CONFIG_MTD_UBI=y
CONFIG_MTD_UBI_WL_THRESHOLD=4096
CONFIG_MTD_UBI_BEB_LIMIT=20
CONFIG_MTD_UBI_FASTMAP=y
# CONFIG_MTD_UBI_GLUEBI is not set
CONFIG_MTD_UBI_BLOCK=y
CONFIG_DTC=y
CONFIG_OF=y

> Also, it would be helpful if you could give links to the recipes you're
> using. I seem to recall in some other mail it was
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-freescale/tree/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-imx_2017.03.bb?h=sumo
> but it could be thud version as well.

Yes, I am using the thud, the u-boot-imx_2017.03.bb is the same, here
is the link:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-freescale/tree/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-imx_2017.03.bb?h=thud

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,