[OE-core] Unknown Postinstall Scriptlet Failing to Defer Boot

Andrew Boos andrew at avilution.com
Fri Feb 14 18:30:50 UTC 2020

Thanks Jeremy for the hint about update-alternatives. It turns out that
lmbench was installing a binary called "stream" that conflicts with
ImageMagick's own stream. All we had to do was remove lmbench from our
IMAGE_INSTALL and the problem went away. I'm posting the original error for
anyone that is having the same issue.

ERROR: imx8-image-3.0b3-r0 do_rootfs: Postinstall scriptlets of
['imagemagick'] have failed. If the intention is to defer them to first
boot,
then please place them into pkg_postinst_ontarget_${PN} ().
Deferring to first boot via 'exit 1' is no longer supported.

Andrew

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 8:02 PM Jeremy A. Puhlman <jpuhlman at mvista.com>
wrote:

> In these kind of cases, by providing the actual error message, people can
> provide more help.
>
> The recipe inherits update-alternatives and sets a large number of
> alternatives. The alternatives are done in the automatically added post
> install scripts. In all likelihood one of the listed links is wrong, or
> already a symlink or something similar.
> On 2/13/2020 4:49 PM, Andrew Boos wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a bitbake build and I am running into an issue where a
> postinst scriptlet is failing via "exit 1" to defer to first boot and I
> cannot figure out which recipe is causing the issue. Does anybody have any
> tips on identifying which recipe is actually exiting with a failure? The
> error log says that it is in imagemagick but the recipe does not have any
> postinst scripts defined. Also, there are no imagemagick .bbappend files in
> my layers. (
> https://github.com/openembedded/meta-openembedded/blob/sumo/meta-oe/recipes-support/imagemagick/imagemagick_7.0.7.bb
> )
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

> www.avg.com
> <#m_-7702559278781328841_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>

> --
> Jeremy A. Puhlmanjpuhlman at mvista.com

--
*Andrew Boos* | Avilution, LLC