[OE-core] Overriding SDE_FILE

Joshua Watt jpewhacker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 14:18:40 UTC 2020

On 2/28/20 7:41 AM, Jacob Kroon wrote:
> On 2/28/20 2:39 PM, Jacob Kroon wrote:

>>> True, best to allow for that.
>>>

>> Joshua, I just tried the two top patches in your reproducible branch;
>> I can see that SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH is not in BB_HASHBASE_WHITELIST,
>> however, changing its value in my recipe doesn't trigger rebuilding
>> for some reason..
>
> In case it makes a difference, I only reference ${SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH}
> in my do_install() task.

I don't think it matters. My understanding is that an export variable
(like SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH) is included in the taskhash of all tasks unless
it is specifically whitelisted. It's possible there is some bug I
haven't throughly tested it yet.... or it just can't work that way at
all for some reason. You might be able to dump the task signature for
your do_install task to see if SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH is being included.