[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW02'20
sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 15:59:48 UTC 2020
Current Dev Position: YP 3.1 M2
Next Deadline: YP 3.1 M2 build date 1/20/2020
Next Team Meetings:
* Bug Triage meeting Thursday Jan. 9th at 7:30am PDT (
* Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday Jan. 7th at 8am PDT (
* Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday Jan. 14th at 8am PDT (
* Twitch - Next event is Tuesday Jan. 14th at 8am PDT (
* YP 3.1 M1 was released.
* Over the last two weeks there were a number of significant fixes for
hash equivalence which should resolve some of the long standing bugs
reported here. Some of these fixes may require further architectural tweaks
to the codebase but those are cleanups which can happen in due course now
the root causes are identified.
* There are performance issues that remain in hash equivalence but
these will be looked at only once the correctness issues and intermittent
test failures are addressed.
* There are some puzzling selftest failures that remain, in particular
a locked signatures one which seems to be caused through bad interaction
with the hash equivalence code but is intermittent and does not make sense.
* The patch queue for master should be roughly up to date which some
key changes such as the gettext upgrade having merged recently. Some pending
changes like the glibc upgrade look problematic.
* A key functionality change has merged this week where the layout of
the sstate directory has changed. This was done to try and improve
performance and handle some performance issues where the previous code
simply wasn't scaling. There is no user visible impact but it does mean new
sstate will be generated into a new layout and the older sstate will be
ignored. The sstate filename length issues should also be addressed by this
* Whilst the SWAT process is disbanded, the effect of this is that
Richard now has to file the bugs personally. This distracts from other
things that could be worked on.
* The triage team is worried about attendance at triage meetings and
the project is finding it hard to find people to help fix bugs. If anyone is
willing to work on bugs, assistance would be greatly appreciated.
* The TSC is working on LTS plans, productive discussions have been
had and a new policy on handling this and stable releases should be
available in the coming weeks.
* We are continuing to collect ideas for YP 3.1 in this document:
YP 3.1 Milestone Dates:
* YP 3.1 M2 build date 1/20/2020
* YP 3.1 M2 release date 1/31/2020
* YP 3.1 M3 build date 2/24/2020
* YP 3.1 M3 release date 3/6/2020
* YP 3.1 M4 build date 3/30/2020
* YP 3.1 M4 release date 4/24/2020
Planned upcoming dot releases:
* YP 2.7.3 build date 2/10/2020
* YP 2.7.3 release date 2/21/2020
* YP 3.0.2 build date 2/3/2020
* YP 3.0.2 release date 2/14/2020
* WDD 2773 (last week 2783) (
* Poky Patch Metrics
* Total patches found: 1400 (last week 1400)
* Patches in the Pending State: 562 (40%) [last week 561 (40%)]
The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Project Manager
* Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openembedded-core