[OE-core] Building older releases on modern distros (and vice versa)
richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sat Jan 18 16:29:24 UTC 2020
On Fri, 2020-01-17 at 14:41 -0800, akuster808 wrote:
> I would like to thank you and Intel for taking up this task even
> the community seemed to have issues with Centos7 being dropped.
> Is there anything community can do at this point?
The work isn't complete, we have a proof of concept so far. The
* forward port the binutils patch and buildtools-tarball changes to
* create some mechanism in the autobuilder-helper to download and
install (or init if already present) a given buildtools tarball for
a given host distro before invoking builds.
* build a set of buildtools tarballs that cover the major gcc verions
* release/publish said tarballs
* add config to the autobuilder for the stable releases we want to
build using this mechanism.
* potentially test and debug building older releases
Not sure who is going to do this but it isn't trivial and the work
certainly isn't done yet.
More information about the Openembedded-core