[OE-core] busybox: udhcpc: fix IPv6 support when using udhcpc

Quentin Schulz quentin.schulz at streamunlimited.com
Tue Jan 21 09:23:41 UTC 2020

Hi Khem,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 11:26:27AM -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
> > Just checked, we still override that script in our layer, so definitely
> > would be happy if this gets merged upstream so I can get rid of our
> > custom script downstream.
> >

> I think this is good to go got OE-core, but I was wondering if default
> script in busybox also need this and perhaps upstream too

What do you mean by "default script"?
https://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/tree/meta/recipes-core/busybox/files/default.script
?

Upstream could benefit from it, I'd agree. Though, it is technically
just provided as an example.
https://git.busybox.net/busybox/tree/examples/udhcp/simple.script

The reason why I didn't bother to send a patch to busybox before pinging
on this patch was that we're already different from the upstream simple.script
so it didn't make sense to me to add the Upstream-Status: pending or
something on the patch (in some ways, since it's patching the file
directly and not adding a patch in SRC_URI). Anyway, digressing. Do you
want a patch to be sent to busybox ML (or PR or whatever they use)
before taking this patch?

Quentin