[OE-core] Custom CLASSOVERRIDE and a "sub-sysroot" for JavaScript

chris.laplante at agilent.com chris.laplante at agilent.com
Fri Jan 24 16:25:58 UTC 2020

> > To be honest, I'm not completely sure. I based this class off of
> > native.bbclass and nativesdk.bbclass and they both do it. I have
> > little idea what stamp-extra-info actually does.
>
> My suggestion is not to do that. native and to a lesser extent
> nativesdk are "special" in ways your class (being target related)
> isn't.
>
> Basically this code is how we were able to maintain a sysroot per
> machine and pkgdata per machine.
>
> The sysroot per machine is dead with recipe specific sysroots but today
> we still have pkgdata shared per machine:
>
> meta/classes/package.bbclass:do_packagedata[stamp-extra-info] = "${MACHINE_ARCH}"
>
> which means the packagedata task will rerun per machine.
>
> The nativesdk stamps only need to change per SDKMACHINE target (which
> changes SDK_ARCH so we're fine there).
>
> I'll try and remember to queue a cleanup for some bits of this as there
> is a tiny bit of dead but harmless code.
>
> Its in my queue to think about making pkgdata in WORKDIR then we could
> ditch this whole thing.

Hmm, removing the stamp-extra-info lines leaves me with errors like these:

ERROR: mc:mc-name:library-emscripten-1.0+gitAUTOINC+ab6d30c10c-r0 do_packagedata_setscene: The recipe library-emscripten is trying to install files into a shared area when those files already exist. Those files and their manifest location are:
  /home/laplante/yocto/build/tmp-mc-mc-name/pkgdata/mach/library-emscripten
    (matched in manifest-cortexa9t2hf-neon-library-emscripten.packagedata)
  /home/laplante/yocto/build/tmp-mc-mc-name/pkgdata/mach/runtime/library-emscripten-staticdev
    (matched in manifest-cortexa9t2hf-neon-library-emscripten.packagedata)
  /home/laplante/yocto/build/tmp-mc-mc-name/pkgdata/mach/runtime/library-emscripten-dev
    (matched in manifest-cortexa9t2hf-neon-library-emscripten.packagedata)

That might be why I added the stamp-extra-info lines in the first place - as a bandaid to fix this :/.

Chris