[OE-core] M3 build status

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Mar 2 16:47:57 UTC 2020

On Sat, 2020-02-29 at 07:38 -0800, akuster808 wrote:

> On 2/29/20 5:13 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > Just to quickly update everyone, a number of patches we probably
> > wanted
> > in 3.1 have had issues but have had the issues resolved and the
> > patches
> > have now merged. Thanks to all who dived in and helped with those!
> So no Bind update?

There is still time, please send an updated patch!

> > The patches/issues I'm aware of that are left:
> >
> > * ltp upgrade (musl issue)
> > * util-linux upgrade (breaks wic test, probably simple fix)
> I can look at the two above but can't start until Sunday so if
> someone else grabs them today, have at it.

These are now done thankfully.

> > * coreutils ptest addition (blocked on libmodule-build-per
> >   reproducibility issue)

Still not done.

> > * psplash systemd race (smurray may have a fix)

Still not done.

> > * autobuilder new branch handling for initial run test comparisons
> >   (open high bug with RP)
> > * tinfoil race (open high bug, struggling for owner)

Both done.

> > * LockedSigs intermittent test failure (RP has open high bug, no
> > clue
> >   how to reproduce or why, total mystery)

Spent hours on this, limited success :(

> > * Intermittent selftest failure with SystemExit (High open bug,
> > Kai owns)

Still pending.

> > As ever, help with any of these welcome. We'll build M3 when a
> > majority of the above are ready.

Also, I've realised:
* there is a high priority pseudo issue assigned to me
* gcc buildtools tarball issue

+ the bind issue you mention

> So where are patches going doing this time that will be in after the
> release?

I try not to encourage people to send upgrade patches during
stabilisation as its a distraction for everyone and means fewer people
caring about the release. I have had to queue them in the past since
people ignore this and I may have to again depending on what people do
:(.