[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW09'20

sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 15:59:34 UTC 2020

Current Dev Position: YP 3.1 M3 - At Feature Freeze, build pending

Next Deadline: YP 3.1 M3 build date 2/24/2020

Next Team Meetings:

*	Bug Triage meeting Thursday Mar. 5th  at 7:30am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603> https://zoom.us/j/454367603)
*	Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday Mar. 3rd  at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
*	Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday Mar. 10th  at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
*	Twitch -  See http://www.twitch.tv/letoatreidesthe2nd

Key Status/Updates:

*	YP 2.7.3 and 3.0.2 have been released.
*	YP 3.1 has been announced as an LTS release:
<https://www.yoctoproject.org/yocto-project-long-term-support-announced/>
https://www.yoctoproject.org/yocto-project-long-term-support-announced/
*	We are now past M3 feature freeze. A number of key issues have been
addressed, thanks to everyone who contributed:

*	psplash systemd race issues fixed (Thanks Scott)
*	make mips issue root caused and glibc fix pulled in (Thanks
Victor/Khem)
*	ltp upgrade resolved (Thanks Petr)
*	util-linux update resolved (Thanks Pierre-Jean)
*	Uninative tumbleweed issue resolved (Thanks Michael)
*	libgpg-error upgrade (Thanks Alex)

*	There were many other fixes and upgrades, thanks all!
*	The remaining issues we need to look at addressing before we build
M3 are:

*	bind upgrade (needs libuv maintainer fix and resend from Armin)
*	coreutils ptest blocked on libmodule-build-perl reproducibility
issue
*	Locked signature selftest failure
*	SystemExit() intermittent selftest failure
*	pseudo sysroot high priority bug
*	gcc buildtools tarball solution for centos7 support

*	Recipe upgrades are now much less likely to be accepted unless there
is a pressing need, ideally these should be held until 3.1 is released and
development for 3.2 is started. We do not have a tracking branch for 3.2 as
we'd like to focus people on 3.1 right now.
*	Bug metrics are not good with a rise in WDD when typically it should
be falling for this point in a release cycle.

YP 3.1 Milestone Dates:

*	YP 3.1 M3 build date 2/24/2020
*	YP 3.1 M3 release date 3/6/2020
*	YP 3.1 M4 build date  3/30/2020
*	YP 3.1 M4 release date  4/24/2020

Planned upcoming dot releases:

*	YP 3.0.3 build date  5/4/2020
*	YP 3.0.3 release date 5/15/2020
*	YP 2.7.4 build date  5/18/2020
*	YP 2.7.4 release date 5/29/2020

Tracking Metrics:

*	WDD 2720 (last week 2665) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*	Poky Patch Metrics

*	Total patches found: 1346 (last week 1356)
*	Patches in the Pending State: 539 (40%) [last week 543 (40%)]

The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com>