[OE-core] Does YP provide security support for stable and LTS branches?

Alexander Kanavin alex.kanavin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:00:44 UTC 2020

Taking offense or getting angry at the yocto project is entirely
misdirected. The liability for insecure millions of devices does not lie
with the yocto project, it lies with the OEMs. If the OEMs are unwilling to
allocate manpower to work on security, there’s very little the yocto
project can do. We are already struggling to find people to work on actual
bugs, and there’s simply no manpower to do security properly. Still, stable
releases *are* much better than community supported ones, they do get a lot
of CVEs and bugs fixed, all I wanted to say is that the exhaustive process
to fix everything that could be insecure is not there.

Alex