[OE-core] [Openembedded-architecture] Does YP provide security support for stable and LTS branches?

Alexander Kanavin alex.kanavin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 09:53:07 UTC 2020

The intent is to say that security patches are eligible for inclusion into
stable release updates (while e.g. version updates are not). If the wording
is vague, it can be improved. I tend to agree that there has to be a more
clear message that users must set up their own security process or pay
someone to do it (especially considering that most products involve a lot
more 3rd party layers and not just oe-core). Some of the fixing work can be
reused from upstream but there is no promise that it covers everything.

Alex