[OE-core] [yocto] What is the Yocto / OE recipe for u-boot-fw-utils how can append it?

Quentin Schulz quentin.schulz at streamunlimited.com
Tue Mar 10 09:29:21 UTC 2020

Hi JH,

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 08:23:37PM +1100, JH wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I could not find u-boot-fw-utils recipe from OE git repository, when I
> added it to build package, it did build u-boot-fw-utils/1_2019.07-r0
> from git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git, but I could not make a bbapend to
> it as I don't know what is the bb name.

It was recently changed to libubootenv IIRC. Are you sure it was taken
from u-boot git repo?

In zeus you have both available if you have meta-swupdate layer but
u-boot-fw-utils is still present in openembedded-core.

In master, only libubootenv exists in openembedded-core.

Are you using master for poky/openembedded?

FWIW, what a recipe provides either at runtime or at buildtime is
(R)PROVIDES, c.f.:
http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/tree/meta/recipes-bsp/u-boot/libubootenv_0.2.bb?h=master

Quentin