[OE-core] CVE related consulting on linux-yocto on zeus branch

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 12:36:09 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 2:02 AM zangrc <zangrc.fnst at cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> our team is currently working on CVE-related work. I would like to ask
> if the zeus branch of yocto has an update plan for linux-yocto in the
> near future. If not, can we submit a CVE-related patch for the
> linux-yocto of the zeus branch.

If it is part of -stable, then yes, it will be integrated into any of
the active upstream kernels. If it is in 5.2, we also have a -stable
process for those kernels as well.

If it doesn't fall into those categories, then send any patches
(against the kernel itself) to the linux-yocto mailing list, do not
send them as patches to the linux-yocto recipe itself.

Cheers,

Bruce

--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end