[OE-core] simplest command to display which layers are applying the same patch?

rpjday at crashcourse.ca rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Mar 12 13:24:06 UTC 2020

Ah, I was just playing with a build of my own (which works so I can't
replicate the error), but if I "bitbake -e openssl", then I can obviously
see all the operations that go into constructing the SRC_URI, along with
the layers that contribute to that expansion, so I am assuming that,
even if more than one layer tries to apply the same patch, all those
SRC_URI values will be properly appended, in the sense of a duplicate
patch will occur twice in the final value of SRC_URI, yes?

And only when do_patch() kicks in will the duplicate patch generate a
patch error, correct? That seems pretty straightforward, as long as
I'm understanding the process here.

Thanks again.

rday