[OE-core] How to skip building kernel modules

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 09:05:49 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm using the linux-yocto kernel recipes together with additional kernel
config fragments that I append in our custom distro layer. All required
functionality is built into the kernel, so we don't install any kernel
modules on target.

What would be the correct way to save compilation time and skip
building/packaging the kernel modules ? Do I need to provide a custom
defconfig that explicitly disables all modules ?

I can monkey-patch oe-core with the attached patch in order to achieve
that goal, but I'm guessing something like this wouldn't be suitable for
upstreaming ?

Cheers,
Jacob