[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW11'20

sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:08:26 UTC 2020

Current Dev Position: YP 3.1 M4 - Stabilization

Next Deadline: YP 3.1 M4 build date  3/30/2020

Next Team Meetings:

*	Bug Triage meeting Thursday Mar. 19th  at 7:30am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603> https://zoom.us/j/454367603)
*	Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday Apr. 7th  at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
*	Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday Mar. 17th  at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
*	Twitch -  See http://www.twitch.tv/letoatreidesthe2nd

Key Status/Updates:

*	M3 has now been built and is in QA. We are therefore feature frozen.
*	YP 3.1 has been announced as an LTS release:
<https://www.yoctoproject.org/yocto-project-long-term-support-announced/>
https://www.yoctoproject.org/yocto-project-long-term-support-announced/
*	There were logging changes merged to better handle hashequiv and
usability concerns, thanks Joshua
*	We have seen a welcome rise in green builds recently although
several key intermittent failures have not been addressed. It is crucial for
an LTS release we do resolve these.
*	Recipe upgrades are now unlikely to be merged into 3.1 as we focus
on stabilizing and bug fixing for the final release

YP 3.1 Milestone Dates:

*	YP 3.1 M3 is in QA
*	YP 3.1 M3 release date 3/6/2020
*	YP 3.1 M4 build date  3/30/2020
*	YP 3.1 M4 release date  4/24/2020

Planned upcoming dot releases:

*	YP 3.0.3 build date  5/4/2020
*	YP 3.0.3 release date 5/15/2020
*	YP 2.7.4 build date  5/18/2020
*	YP 2.7.4 release date 5/29/2020

Tracking Metrics:

*	WDD 2698 (last week 2703) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*	Poky Patch Metrics

*	Total patches found: 1351 (last week 1354)
*	Patches in the Pending State: 534 (40%) [last week 541 (40%)]

The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com>