[OE-core] recipe design curiosity: how to best install a package configuration file?

Ankur Tyagi ankur.tyagi85 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:47:26 UTC 2020

new recipe version (most likely) will have new release and expect any change

If you are concerned about recipe version in your layer then manage that
rather than copying original recipe file *as it is* in your layer

When upgrading recipe, anyway have to test it to make sure your image
doesn't break. So no way you will miss any breaking change introduced. And
at that point you could have (if needed) your custom version in "file/"
rather than always copying the working sample which is already maintained
by someone else

I wouldn't recommend to have copy of unchanged upstream files in a custom
layer

Cheers
Ankur