[oe] sysvinit-2.86 fails

Mohammed Amine SAYA amine.saya at free.fr
Sun Aug 27 15:51:54 UTC 2006

pHilipp Zabel wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As I said before, sysvinit don't build successfully so I replaced
>>
>> ln -s ../init.d/stop-bootlogd ${D}${sysconfdir}/rc$level.d/S99stop-bootlogd
>>
>> with
>>
>> ln -sf ../init.d/stop-bootlogd ${D}${sysconfdir}/rc$level.d/S99stop-bootlogd
>>

>> But I am not sure that is the right way ? Any comment on this workaround please ?
>>

> I think the problem lies here:
>
> NOTE: package sysvinit-2.86-r28: task do_install: started
> NOTE: package sysvinit-2.86-r28: task do_install: completed
> NOTE: package sysvinit-2.86-r28: task do_package: started
> ERROR: function do_install failed
>
> PACKAGEFUNCS in package.bbclass contains do_install as first element,
> so do_install is run twice. After removing do_install from
> PACKAGEFUNCS, installation works fine.

Hi All, Hi Philipp,

Thanks a lot for your help, this actually solves all the problems I
reported before.
busybox, sysvinit are now working fine without tweaking their bb files.

Do you have any doc on BITBAKE variables. I know that DEPENDS and RDEPENDS
functions have changed with the new bitbake version, can you point me to
a link
where all these variables are explained ?

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Amine.