[oe] What is task-base?

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Mon Aug 28 09:31:30 UTC 2006

Dnia niedziela, 27 sierpnia 2006 23:46, Richard Purdie napisał:

> I've been asked to explain exactly what my last commits did. Basically,
> I broke us free from being tied to task-bootstrap by creating
> MACHINE_TASK_PROVIDER which you can set to the task-bootstrap like
> provider of your choice. It defaults to task-bootstrap so nothing
> changes in that respect.

I like that idea :) Will have to look at it and add to .oz354x branch so
it will be much easier to create working images for collie.

> Its not perfect yet but we needed to set the ball rolling somehow :)

I think that we lack "serial" in MACHINE_FEATURES - this would be needed
by "irda" feature but will be also useful for machines which have normal
serial (RS232/RS485) here we can put lrzsz.

"pcmcia" feature should recommend "serial", "bluetooth", "wifi" features
atleast. It also contain now hostap-cs without checking for "wifi".

"ext2" feature could be renamed to kind of "internal-storage" - most of
our supported devices use ext2 but not every of them has internal storage
with ext2.

"wifi" feature need some work too. There are machines which does not have
Prism based wifi cards (so no need for hostap-utils) or do not support
WPA (wpa-supplicant is not needed then). h4000 has internal wifi on
ACX100 chipset (iirc) so it need only wireless-tools to have it working
(chipset related packages should be listed in machine config).

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
Palmtop: Sharp Zaurus C760

          Warning: Dates in calendar are closer than they appear.