[oe] Section list

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Mon Aug 28 09:47:00 UTC 2006

Dnia poniedziałek, 28 sierpnia 2006 01:39, Jamie Lenehan napisał:

> Ah, good. I went through the sections used by all the recipes a while
> back and generated a list and some suggested renames. I'll include it
> here, along with the suggested renaming for some of the existing
> sections.

> I'll add this to the user manual once everyone is happy with it.

> I also think it would be a good idea might to emit a warning if someone
> tries to use a section name which is not definied in the list, so I
> might code that up as well.

Look at classes/sanity.bbclass

>     * applications		-> Really should find some other section?
>     * apps			-> REPLACE with applications

I would drop both rather as not describing anything.

>     * bootloader

bootloaders (as 'utils', 'editors', 'applications')

>     * console/shells

base/shell and console/shells? I would choose one.

>     * devel/libs

devel/perl

>     * devel/python
>     * devel/rexx
>     * devel/ruby

devel/scheme - we already has it (guile)

>     * devel/tcltk
[..]
>     * e/utils

fonts - TrueType fonts are currently in x11/fonts but can be used also by
OPIE and other not X11 applications

>     * gui

another not describing anything section...

>     * kde/dev

kde/devel rather

>     * kernel
>     * kernel/module		-> REPALCE with kernel/modules
>     * kernel/modules

virtual/kernel modules -> kernel, out-of-tree modules -> kernel/modules

What do you think?

>     * media-gfx			-> Find an existing category?
>     * multimedia

both need to be removed

>     * x11/gnome
>     * x11/gnome/libs

How does those two differ from other "gnome" ones? Can we move x11/gnome
to x11/* and x11/gnome/libs -> x11/libs?

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
Palmtop: Sharp Zaurus C760

               Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers.
               		-- Leonard Brandwein