[oe] Section list

Jamie Lenehan lenehan at twibble.org
Tue Aug 29 01:18:52 UTC 2006

This time I'll send this to the list...

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:47:00AM +0200, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> Dnia poniedziałek, 28 sierpnia 2006 01:39, Jamie Lenehan napisał:
[...]
> >     * console/shells
>
> base/shell and console/shells? I would choose one.

base/shell is the most common, only fush uses console/shells, so make
this one base/shell.

[...]
> >     * kernel
> >     * kernel/module		-> REPALCE with kernel/modules
> >     * kernel/modules
>
> virtual/kernel modules -> kernel, out-of-tree modules -> kernel/modules
>
> What do you think?

I don't think that makes much sense. I would go to section "kernel"
to find a new kernel and to "kernel/modules" to find modules for the
kernel. I don't think it matters to the end user where those modules
were from.

[...]
> >     * x11/gnome
> >     * x11/gnome/libs
>
> How does those two differ from other "gnome" ones? Can we move x11/gnome
> to x11/* and x11/gnome/libs -> x11/libs?

Hmm, yeah there are a few gnomes:

    * gnome/libs
    * gnome/multimedia
    * x11/gnome
    * x11/gnome/libs

The gnome core puts itself in x11/gnome/* while apps/libraries from other
people seem to put themselves in gnome/*. So you think this is the best way
to handle this?:

    * gnome/libs		-> x11/libs
    * gnome/multimedia		-> x11/multimedia
    * x11/gnome			-> x11