[oe] New palm environment

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Sat Dec 2 20:22:56 UTC 2006

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 06:13:50PM +0000, Alan Carvalho de Assis wrote:
> Dear developers,
> I want know if is of worth start a new project to develop a palm/phone
> environment using FLTK toolkit.

Honestly, GPE and FLTK can co-exist on the same handheld. There are FLTK
libraries and apps available on both familiar and OpenZaurus.

> This idea appeared when me and Vladimir (who ported Linux to Siemens
> SX1 phone) are speaking about Qt/Embedded and GPE performance on SX1.
>
> Some possible toolkit are: FLTK2, pixil or minigui. We think FLTK is a
> good option, because it has some modern features and still small and
> fast.
>
> I want know what you think about it?

Scratch your itch. There is enough room in the community for another
environment. But please consider why GPE or Opie can't do what you need
before taking on what could be a huge task.

Erik Hovland
mail: erik at hovland.org
web: http://hovland.org/
PGP/GPG public key available on request