[oe] To be removed recipes

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Dec 7 13:09:03 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 13:38 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
> > In case people didn't notice,
> > http://www.openembedded.org/repo/org.openembedded.dev/removal.txt has a few entries now,
> > which will be removed on the specified dates.
>
> Only 5 days left till the first batch gets removed.

> Package Name:   Maemo
> Reason:         Unfetchable, obsoleted by IT2006 release.

I don't know what we should do with these for the best. The end result
will be maemo being near enough totally removed from OE which sends out
the wrong message. I would ultimately like to see maemo in OE...

Maybe a contender for moving to non-working?

> Package Name:   task-bootstrap*
> Reason:         Obsoleted by task-base

Have we anyone still using this? I'm nervous removing this just yet...

> Package Name:   bluez*2.*
> Reason:         Obsolete by, and conflicts with bluez 3.7

Fine with me.

> Package Name:   mono
> Reason:         Obsolete version - 1.2 is current, 1.0 is not fetchable

non-working - ultimately we probably want mono

> Package Name:   zeecookbook
> Reason:         Not maintained upstream, not fetchable

Fine with me.

> Package Name:   qpe-vexed
> Reason:         Not fetchable, all search results points to OE related infos

Fine with me.

> Package Name:   ipac-ng
> Reason:         Depends on libgd-perl which is not in metada

> Package Name:
? (there are two of these)

> Package Name:   nsqld
> Reason:		Never used

Fine with me.

> Package Name:   gpe-mileage
> Reason:         Unfinished, no development progress

Fine with me.