[oe] FOSDEM'07

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Mon Dec 11 23:46:09 UTC 2006

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Tim Bird wrote:
>> Bastian Ballmann wrote:
>>> OpenEmbedded
>>>    Because embedded devices want to be free
>
>> I think I understand the sentiment, but this is not
>> a tag line that will make OE popular with CE companies.
>> (I'm not sure if that's a goal, but I don't think
>> we should preclude it.)
>
> May I suggest moving from tag lines to some actual content?

I don't understand your question.  I did not suggest a
tagline, but was providing some (hopefully useful) feedback
on one that was suggested.  Is the request for "some actual
content" directed at me or Bastian?

CELF members have been using OE, and CELF has promoted OE
and funded work on OE, at my direction.

Tim Bird
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Electronics