[oe] Unifing recipes

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Wed Dec 13 11:54:18 UTC 2006

One of things on my todo list was 'improve dbus packaging'. But when
I looked into packages/dbus/ I discovered 6 recipes of same software (in
misc versions) without common things moved into one included file.

Does it was really hard to create common dbus.inc when 2nd or 3rd recipe
was added?

I know that 'cp old.bb new.bb' is easiest way of adding new version but
sooner or later we will came into situation when we will have many recipes
which will be hard to fix without splitting first.

So if you are a developer - please create common PN.inc file when you are
adding new recipe for other version of application.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

                 Don't panic. Count to ten ... then panic!