[oe] A question of workflow

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Sun Dec 31 11:12:03 UTC 2006

On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 10:36:44AM +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Erik Hovland schreef:
> >> Do what virtually every DSCM does to support that: make a branch
> >
> > Strange. Git nor mercucial require you to branch.
>
> Actually git branches the moment when you pull, it just hides that.

That's what bzr and darcs do, too.  You can't really have a DRCS without
either implicit or explicit branching on retrieval.  In reality, monotone is
branching implicitly just like git, bzr, and darcs.  It's just that monotone
has two levels of branching: "heads", which are nothing more than unnamed
microbranches, and the more coarse-grained named branch.

- Matt