[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev Split STAGING_BINDIR into CROSS and NATIVE versions. This means there is no need to rename -config scripts and multimachine won't break with binconfig.bbclass. ***NOTE: This change will require staging to be rebuilt***

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Sun Dec 31 22:45:41 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-31 at 23:34 +0100, rpurdie commit wrote:
> Split STAGING_BINDIR into CROSS and NATIVE versions. This means there
> is no need to rename -config scripts and multimachine won't break with
> binconfig.bbclass. ***NOTE: This change will require staging to be
> rebuilt***

Please note the above. Peoples staging are potentially broken now as all
the *-config files have moved around and been renamed.

Also, can people please be careful with STAGING_BINDIR now. To
illustrate, if building arm images on an i686 box:

An ARM binary goes into STAGING_BINDIR.
An i686 (native) binary goes into STAGING_BINDIR_NATIVE.
A cross binary (runs on i686 but provides ARM results) goes into
STAGING_BINDIR_CROSS.

STAGING_BINDIR_CROSS and STAGING_BINDIR_NATIVE are in PATH for cross
compiling (with CROSS having priority). Only STAGING_BINDIR_NATIVE is in
PATH for native packages.

This was disucssed on this list a while back, I've just finally got
around to committing it.

Happy New Year!

Richard