[oe] Failure building hostap-modules-0.4.7

Peter Bell pbell at ink-media.com
Sun Nov 19 02:41:30 UTC 2006

Hi, everyone

I've just started trying to use oe, and am attempting to build a
distribution for the Freescale MX31ADS development board.

I have the following settings:

MACHINE = "mx31ads"
DISTRO = "angstrom-2007.1"

Everything appears to be setup correctly, and "bitbake nano" executes
with no problems.  When I attempted to do "bitbake bootstrap-image", the
compile fails with the following message.

| *** Can't build for 2.6 with a non-2.6 source!
| make: *** [2.6] Error 1
| FATAL: oe_runmake failed

The problem appears to be that the KERNEL_SRC variable is set to
<workdir>/tmp/staging/mx31ads-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/kernel, but the
kernel source is not there, it's in
<workdir>/tmp/work/mx31ads-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/mx31ads-kernel-2.6.19rc5-r2

It looks like it would be easy to fix by editing the .bb file for
hostap-modules, but this would be likely to break other platforms -
what's the recommended way of sorting this out?  Copy the kernel source
to staging?

Regards,

Pete Bel