[oe] RFC: Bitbake dependency graph output

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 09:09:53 UTC 2006

Hello,

I use the depgraph very often to tweak and remove the dependencies by
editing the package or its configuration, or even patches. (i.e. what
Gentoo does by  USE - flags, I do manually).

Therefore I like the current package dependencies. I am not per se
interested in the bitbake tasks for that job.

However, for future use, like a real-time graphical progress
indicator, the bitbake tasks dependencies are in fact very useful.

Any chance both are achievable?

> * Should -I IGNORED_DOT_DEPS become a more general commandline option to
> be appended to ASSUME_PROVIDED (which my replacement graph code does
> internally atm)? Do we want this to support regexps?

I would like that, I think it is very handy for ignoring for example
all '*-native' packages.

> http://www.rpsys.net/openzaurus/temp/bitbake_depgraph.patch is the patch
> I have atm.

(I think independently from this) here is my local regexp patch:

http://www.sidebranch.com/openembedded/bitbake/bitbake_graph_ignore_regexp.patch

Leon.