[oe] Problem of configuration of X locale with Kdrive

Joaquim Duran joaquinduran at adtelecom.es
Tue Oct 10 15:31:20 UTC 2006

Dear all,

I don't know if this is an off-topic of this list, but I'll post.

I'm trying to start the Kdrive xserver (v. X11R7.1) with a window
manager (twm), generated from xterminal image. 'xinit' is also
installed, with fonts. Each time that I run 'startx' or 'xinit' the
following message is shown by kdrive:

Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset
Error: Aborting: no fontset found

How can I set up this locale? Any help will be appreciated.

I've observed that if library hasn't any application depending on it,
the bitbake doesn't include the library to the image. Is this a bug?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joaquim Duran