[oe] [RFC] handhelds-pxa-2.6 -> linux-handhelds-2.6

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 16:51:07 UTC 2006

Hello openembedded-devel,

  Following the waves of cleanups happening this week, I'd like to
propose to rename handhelds-pxa-2.6*.bb which are recipes to build
kernels from Handhelds.org CVS tree. Reasons are:

1. There's a (newer) convention to have generic package name, i.e.
"linux" in name of kernel recipes.
2. "pxa" there is misleading, as 2.6 tree supports different
architectures. Handhelds.org tree as of now supports PXA, SA, and S3
(Samsung) devices. To the various degrees, but that's improving.

  So, I propose to rename the recipes in question to start with
"linux-handhelds-2.6" ("2.6" is stil important as there's 2.4 tree and
HH.org too).

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com