[oe] site/* Common site files

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 12:34:34 UTC 2006

Hello Jamie,

Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 1:11:07 AM, you wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 01:28:28PM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> The consensus is that we want this in OE, how to we proceed to get this added into .dev?

> If my implementation was ok then I can push it in over a few days.
> The order being:

>  - add config_info.bbclass

>  - modify recipes that use the site file directly to use config_info instead.

>  - update autotools.bbclass to use config_info.bbclass

> Then it's ready to actually use. Merging those x86 site files would
> be a good place to start.

  I can second that Jamie's site/* and config_info work would very
useful for anyone adding a new target to OE. We just went thru some
implementation details of it (I started this off list to not protract
the merge with ungrounded concerns), and once again see that the
framework Jamie put together is very flexible and ready to cover broad
usecases (for example, site files can be overriden down to a package
level (keyword: if needed)).

  So, please count my voice for near-term merge.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com