[oe] Bitbake: say who you are cooking

Nicolas FR nicolasfr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 08:54:08 UTC 2006

Hi,

A suggestion for Bitbake:

When we start to bitbake a recipe, let's say "bitbake foo", bitbakes
starts compiling dependencies without telling which version of foo he
will finally compile.

I find this frustating, because quite often (wrong preferred provider,
...) I end up bitbaking the wrong version of a recipe, and bb won't
tell you this before having successfully compiled all the
dependencies.

It would be nice to have bitbake print which version he will bitbake
before actually compiling the dependencies.

Eg:
# bitbake foo
Note: parsing foo_2.0.1.bb

What do you think?