[oe] Fwd: Pytgtk2: follow up

Nicolas FR nicolasfr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 20:52:42 UTC 2006

As suggested by Mickey, this might be of public interest.

Basically I asked Mickey for help to make a receipe for
python-pygtk2_2.10.0 which adds support for the gtk.StatusIcon class
which 'should' allow to use statusicon in panels which follow the
freedesktop.org directives (hint: matchbox!).

python-pygtk2_2.10.0 currently in OE, compiles fine but after
installing it and trying in python to "import gtk", it would complain
about missing pangocairo module.

After checking in log_do_configure I noticed that indeed that
pangocairo was not found. After some research, I realised the
pycairo.pc was missing from
staging/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/share/pkgconfig

Now I know that pkconfig is used to install .pc files
(http://www.openembedded.org/user-manual&dpage=ch07s07), so basically
python-pycairo should just inherit pkgconfig to solve the problem?

Is that it Mickey?