[oe] Fail to start dropbear

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Wed Oct 18 21:44:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 06:34:53AM +1000, Jamie Lenehan wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 03:22:41PM +0800, "axel lin" wrote:
> [...]
> > Thanks, Marcin.
> > I fixed it by manually create the device file.
> > How to config OE to add a device file, then I don't have to manually add it.
>
> If you are using udev then udev should be creating /dev/random and
> /dev/urandom (along with lots of other stuff). I don't think anything
> special is required to get udev to created this.
>
> If you really do want to add device nodes manually (which is probably wrong)
> then see the "Device (/dev) nodes" section of the "image_ipkg class"
> in the user manual:
>
>   http://www.openembedded.org/user-manual&dpage=ch07s05

I seem to recall that /dev/zero and /dev/console have to be made
manually just to boot an initrd enabled image. Just to give you an idea
of an exception to the rule. Otherwise, I definitely agree.

Erik Hovland
mail: erik AT hovland DOT org
web: http://hovland.org/
PGP/GPG public key available on request