[oe] [Fwd: [oe-commits] org.oe.dev package.bbclass: Fix split_locales to remove spurious references to -dbg packages.

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Sun Oct 22 17:38:07 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 00:37 +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> > Should we bump PR on affected packages if this fix works?
>
> That would be these:
>
> koen at bitbake:~/OE/monotone/org.openembedded.dev/packages$ grep do_split_pac . -rn | awk
> '{print $1}' | awk -F_ '{print $1}' |  awk -F: '{print $1}' | uniq
[snip]

Its worse than that. Anything using do_split_locales was affected so
that's anything with locales :-(. I don't think bumping PR is therefore
realistic.

On a kind of related topic, I did a build from scratch in poky and I'm
quite disappointed with the number of .debug or other packaging errors
present and OE .dev probably has the same issues. I also seem to have a
load of .debug directories in images but that is perhaps as poky isn't
quite as much in sync with OE as I'd like.

Cheers,

Richard

btw, I won't be around much if at all until next Saturday.