[oe] RFC: More granular libraries packaging

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Fri Oct 27 19:43:14 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, den 27.10.2006, 18:01 +0200 schrieb Marcin Juszkiewicz:
> My proposition is - let split each library to separate package. This will
> enlarge feeds (so ipkg will get hurt more ;( but in some situations can
> give us smaller rootfs.

+1 from me, however would this be explicit or implicit, i.e. do we need
to opt-in for it to happen (e.g. by inheriting package_libs) or do we
need to opt-out for it _not_ to happen (e.g. by defining
PACKAGE_LIBS_AUTOMATIC = "0").

If we are going to make it opt-in, then for the sake of consistency I'd
favour something along the lines of autotools_stage_all, i.e.

do_package() {
    package_libs_all
}
--