[oe] Improving consistency

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Sep 4 13:38:49 UTC 2006

Am Montag, den 04.09.2006, 15:23 +0200 schrieb Koen Kooi:

> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer schreef:
> > Hi developers,
> >
> > when you are adding new versions of a bitbake recipe, please
> > take a chance to reorder the metadata according to the
> > "standard" layout found in http://openembedded.org/wiki/StyleGuide
>
> Is it possible to have a 'bitbake sanitize <provider>' command that will output a
> sanitized .bb? It doesn't have to be perfect, but some aid in this tedious task would be
> helpfull.

That depends. I have been thinking about this for quite some time,
because
I really would like to have such a thing. We already have a bit of the
infrastructure
in place, but the one thing missing is that once the metadata is parsed,
we lose
a) order and b) source statements (pointers to a .bb or even better the
textual entity
that was the source for a certain statement).

This would not only give us a sanitize command, but also a high-level
editor for
BitBake recipes -- which has been in my mind as well -- as part of an
"OE GUI developer studio" application.

--
Regards,

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | FreeLancer | http://www.Vanille-Media.de