[oe] [oe-commits] PCRE breakage [libpcre: added new port]

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Sat Sep 9 13:30:35 UTC 2006

(NOTE: Forwarded to Martin Dietze since I'm not sure whether he's
subscribed to the list yet)

Am Samstag, den 09.09.2006, 14:43 +1000 schrieb Jamie Lenehan:
> On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 02:49:50PM +0200, "MartinDietze commit" wrote:
> > libpcre: added new port.
>
> You added libpcre and removed pcre and in the process you've also:
>
>  - Broken 20+ recipes which DEPEND on pcre. These would all need to
>    be modified to depend on libpcre now instead.
>
>  - Removed the clearning of PARALLEL_MAKE so libpcre no longer builds
>    for anyone doing parallel builds.
>
>  - It looks like you've also removed the fix which was added to stop
>    libtool linking against the host libriares when somethings it
>    attempts to link in libpcre on x86_64 hosts.
> - Removed the LICENSE field from the recipe as well.
>
> I think the change of name is ok, since it's only a library and the
> new naming matches what happens on other platforms but you really
> should also fix up all of the above issues.

Martin, can you please fix these things?

If you don't have already, make sure you subscribe to this list -- we
have made it a policy that all people with commit access also need to be
subscribed here in order to see comments to their commits.

Thanks,

--
Regards,

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | FreeLancer | http://www.Vanille-Media.de