[oe] error: #error "TLS support is required." while building glibc-initial-2.4 on x86_64

Jamie Lenehan lenehan at twibble.org
Sun Sep 10 02:35:07 UTC 2006

On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 10:47:16AM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
[...]
> > I've added make 3.81 to OE (by copying all the 3.80 releated make
> > files to 3.81 versions - no changes necessary) and then do a "bitbake
> > make-native" prior to building rather than update the host version of
> > make.
>
> Are there any nasty side-effects of update to 3.81? If not, could you commit it?

Not that I've seen. I've been doing builds for i486 (WRAP boards) and
i586 (EPIA) with make 3.81 without any problems, although I don't
build any UI stuff. I believe some newer distros are also shipping
make 3.81 as the default.

In this case make-native isn't actually built unless you explicitly
ask for it and make would be used on the target not by OE.

So I don't see any issues with pushing this version. I'll do that
now.

--
 Jamie Lenehan <lenehan at twibble.org>