[oe] [oe-commits] PCRE breakage [libpcre: added new port]

Jamie Lenehan lenehan at twibble.org
Sun Sep 10 23:03:26 UTC 2006

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 10:55:02AM +0200, Martin Dietze wrote:
> On Sat, September 09, 2006, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
>
> > > You added libpcre and removed pcre and in the process you've also:
> > >
> > >  - Broken 20+ recipes which DEPEND on pcre. These would all need to
> > >    be modified to depend on libpcre now instead.
>
> Something made me think there was no such package (pcre). Seems

Ah, that make sense. I could have fixed this all up when you
submitted it, but I could not decide on exactly what you were doing,
so wanted some confirmation on that first.

> like I need to reduce my number of working hours :/

I think we all need that ;)

> Will fix this as first thing on Monday.

Others have fixed most of it by now (the missing LICENSE is about all
that needs to be added now). It's probably a good idea to just
compare the old (now deleted) pcre/pcre_4.4.bb with your new
libpcre/libpcre_4.4.bb and make sure everything from the old one is
in there.

Thanks.

--
 Jamie Lenehan <lenehan at twibble.org>