[oe] relative paths in Openembedded/bitbake

Christopher Lang christopher.lang at chl-informatik.de
Tue Sep 12 14:30:39 UTC 2006

From what I can see all paths in OE/bitbake are absolute paths. This makes it
difficult to move an OE build directory to another location.

Questions:

- which paths in which files do I need to change to move an entire build
directory? (conf files of course, any other files?)

- Is it possible to set up an OE build directory based on relative paths?

- If the 2nd question was answered with no, are there any plans to enable
OE/bitbake to be able to handle an entire build directory with relative
paths?

many thanks

Chris