[oe] Paid support offer

Holger Freyther freyther at inf.fu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 12 18:51:11 UTC 2006

Am 12.09.2006 um 20:04 schrieb Tim Bird:

> Here are some specifics:
>  * we wish to create our own distribution with fairly minimal
> footprint
>  but including a number of test packages.  Specifically, we have
> added an
>  LTP package to our system, but have not (to my knowledge) pushed this
>  upstream to OE.  We would like assistance with adding, modifying
> and maintaining
>  packages:

Hi Tim,

regardles of paid support there are certain things where better
communication would be awesome. E.g. I'm slowly, but steadily,
working on infrastructure to increase the quality of BitBake,
OpenEmbedded and the packages we build. It is progressing slowly as
I'm doing that not as part of university, internship work but solely
unpaid in my very limited spare time (no I'm not looking for money
directly). I believe that some of my personal agenda matches the
goals of CELF and other entitities so it would be really nice if
cooperation could happen (I will write something about my QA view in
separate mail). I do not know how feasible cooperation is but we
should try to have a fruitful exchange of our ideas and plans. As
long as the result will be freely available I'm confident everyone
would be happy to see an entitty helping or contracting someone.

kind regards
	holger