[oe] Improve consistency with bittest content checker + sanitize.py

cyril Romain c.romain at laposte.net
Wed Sep 13 18:45:57 UTC 2006

Following the advice of Holger, I integrated the sanitize.py script into
the bittest content checker module (at least locally on my machine).
As a reminder:
- bittest is a test suite for bitbake (see the "Bittest advertisement"
mail). Bittest comes with a "content checker" module able to check the
*content* of bitbake recipes (the variables and routines used, if theirs
content is correct and not deprecated, etc.) .
- sanitize.py is aimed to check the *form* of one bitbake recipe,
according to the rules specified in the format and style guide:
http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/StyleGuide.

So I think the two complement each other and now provide a "form and
content" checker for bitbake recipes, a valuable tool to improve the
metadata consistency.
In addition to the possibility to report test results to Tinderbox
(http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/TinderBox), bittest is now able to
send a mail to recipe maintainer when inconsistencies or errors are
detected, with the sanitized recipe in attachment (that of course may
still need manual edition).

If you are interested, please let me know.

Thanks Holger for having insisted for me to integrate the script into
bittest. Thank you, Koen, for the 'send mail' idea.

Best regards,

 Cyril

PS: I also updated the section list in the content checker according to
the recent discussion.