[oe] opie-freetype issue

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Sep 18 10:12:44 UTC 2006

Am Montag, den 18.09.2006, 17:03 +0800 schrieb Leon Zhang:
> 2006/9/18, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>:
> >
> > Am Montag, den 18.09.2006, 15:15 +0800 schrieb Leon Zhang:
> > >       hey, I am trying to fix the bug about opie-freetype.
> >
> > Which bug are we talking about?
>

> Yesterday, I build opie-image failed. I got a dependency error. and I *did*
> get nonthing in tmp/work/armv5te-linux/opie-freetype-1.2.2-r0/install/*. So,
> I wrote the patch above. and if you check the irc log yesterday, you would
> get more details talks about it.

Missing dependencies is a different problem -- which can't be fixed
by adding additional files within do_install. I'm afraid your
distribution
configuration is bogus.

> >  I found that the
> > > current package can't install anything into
> > "tmp/work/armv5te-linux/opie-
> > > freetype-1.2.2-r0/install/". So, I write a patch which add "do_install"
> > > function to install something into the directory. Here is the patch,
> >
> > That's redundant. Opie installs plugins during the opie_install task as
> > per opie.bbclass.

> Well, is there better patch for this ?

There is no need for a patch since this package used to work for years.
If it doesn't nowadays, then there is something going wrong elsewhere.

Marcin, please revert this patch.

--
Regards,

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | FreeLancer | http://www.Vanille-Media.de