[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev glibc 2.4: Apply recently added patches only fo x86.

Jamie Lenehan lenehan at twibble.org
Thu Sep 28 13:27:13 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 01:14:05PM +0200, "pfalcon commit" wrote:
> glibc 2.4: Apply recently added patches only fo x86.
> * Fixes breakage on ARM.
> * Don't bump PR (previous commit neither did), to save long rebuilds.
> Few people affected should use "bitbake glibc -c rebuild".
> * Fixes #1443.
> * Approved by Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt de>.

I've tested here and those two patches break glibc 2.4 for my main
targets which are sh4 (titan), i486 (wrap) and i586 (epia), building
on an x86_64 host. The breakage basically exactly the same as in
#1443.

I'm not sure what "x86" problem is that they are meant to fix (look
like they are just wiring up syscalls to use in place of glibc equivs
for the *at calls), but at least for me they actually break things on
i486 and i586.

Looks to me like the need more thinking/testing before being included
for anything.

--
 Jamie Lenehan <lenehan at twibble.org>