[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev glibc 2.4: Apply recently added patches only fo x86.

Jamie Lenehan lenehan at twibble.org
Thu Sep 28 21:39:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 05:43:55PM +0200, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 28.09.2006, 23:27 +1000 schrieb Jamie Lenehan:
> > On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 01:14:05PM +0200, "pfalcon commit" wrote:
> > > glibc 2.4: Apply recently added patches only fo x86.
> > > * Fixes breakage on ARM.
> > > * Don't bump PR (previous commit neither did), to save long rebuilds.
> > > Few people affected should use "bitbake glibc -c rebuild".
> > > * Fixes #1443.
> > > * Approved by Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt de>.
> >
> > I've tested here and those two patches break glibc 2.4 for my main
> > targets which are sh4 (titan), i486 (wrap) and i586 (epia), building
> > on an x86_64 host. The breakage basically exactly the same as in
> > #1443.
> >
> > I'm not sure what "x86" problem is that they are meant to fix (look
> > like they are just wiring up syscalls to use in place of glibc equivs
> > for the *at calls), but at least for me they actually break things on
> > i486 and i586.
>
> 1. patch fixes problem:

Right, but why are you seeing this issue when building for i486 and
I'm not? That's important since these patches break my currently
working builds.

Hmm, maybe it's those new linux-libc-headers that I see went in a few
days ago - they might now be exporting those *at functions when they
weren't before and therefore glibc is now picking them up. I'm still
using the 2.6.15.99 headers. I'll test with those newer ones now.

--
 Jamie Lenehan <lenehan at twibble.org>