[oe] patch: shasum vs. sha256sum

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Mon Apr 2 09:52:31 UTC 2007

Am 02.04.2007 um 11:12 schrieb Tom Walsh:

> Just noticed that the sha256sum has been added to the classes/
> sanity.bbclass and bitbake balked at running.   This morning I had
> installed perl-Digest::SHA to satisfy the need for 'shasum'.
>
> I haven't found any package on Mandriva that provides 'sha256sum',
> however, adding '-a 256' sets the sha256 algorithm for shasum?
> With these two changes, bitbake seems to build the project ok, or,
> am I missing something here?

Philipp changed this line from shasum to sha256sum as he/we thought
sha256sum is more commonly available. If that is not the case I would
propose to disapprove the change as it is more easy to get the
required binary from cpan than to recompile coreutils-native.
As a last resort we could add sha256sum code to base.bbclass...

z.

> Regards,
>

> -        shapipe = os.popen('shasum -a 2 -b ' + localpath)
> +        shapipe = os.popen('shasum -a 256 -b ' + localpath)

Where is shasum -a2 coming from? This must be a local change at your
side.