[oe] patch: shasum vs. sha256sum

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Mon Apr 2 15:13:28 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 05:12:33AM -0400, Tom Walsh wrote:
> Just noticed that the sha256sum has been added to the
> classes/sanity.bbclass and bitbake balked at running.   This morning I
> had installed perl-Digest::SHA to satisfy the need for 'shasum'.
>
> I haven't found any package on Mandriva that provides 'sha256sum',
> however, adding '-a 256' sets the sha256 algorithm for shasum?  With
> these two changes, bitbake seems to build the project ok, or, am I
> missing something here?

It should be part of the coreutils package. But I don't think it was in
the coreutils 5.x series which is the verions that mandriva 2007.0 and
older have in their release. If you are feeling brave, try Spring. If
not, just get the latest coreutils from your local GNU mirror and build
it yourself.

Erik Hovland
mail: erik at hovland.org
web: http://hovland.org/